Start a new topic
Answered

BF 5.0 dashboard tiles

I figured out how you can "move" the tiles on the new dashboard but can you customize them?  Remove the ones you don't use/need and add ones that you use on a regular basis?  Thanks!

Best Answer

@Lisa -- these reports are currently tied to one report, which is explained in the ? at the top left of the file. If you need to change the report that it is tied to, please send in a support ticket. That report will be copied in "Arrival 3", which is the associated tile.

In the future, you will be able to have some customization of tiles. You will also be able to set tiles based on the individual user.

@Michelle, that is a really interesting concept for the housekeepers. Do they log into the system or the vendor portal at all? Maybe a good idea to have a chat.

Daily cash report makes a ton of sense.

Thank you for the reply, Claiborne.  When I first tried to run the arrival and departure from the dashboard tiles I wasn't able to change the dates.  Just tried it again and had success.  BUT the arrival report didn't give me any results (12/1/23-12/31/23) and we have two arrivals this month.  Maybe this Arrivals report tile isn't the same as the Arrivals report we run in BF 4.0???  But the departure report did give me accurate results when I ran it.  Thank you for bearing with me.  I'm trying to get a handle on all of this before I share it with my agents and admin assistant.  And the admin assistant I know is going to have difficulties.  So I want to have a clear understanding of all of it before I show it to her and have her start using it.  Thanks again!

Also, in comparing the results from running the departure report from the tile on the dashboard, it gives me different results than the departure report we have customized that we use on a regular basis.

I think it would be great to personalize the tiles for each user. I'm currently in a manager role because I have additional duties that take me out of reservationist role. I don't need everything a manager needs, but more than a reservationist needs. 

I would also like to define tiles, and tie them to specific reports or searches. For example, 2x each day we do a departure list for 2 weeks for each individual cleaner. It would be great to be able to set that search criteria, then have a way like a drop down to separate each cleaner's list. Daily Cash Report is another great example. We have to do multiple reports for CASH, CHECK, CC, and also Agent. If we had a way to select more criteria, it would make this super awesome cool...instead of just cool. :)

(While I'm asking ;)) 

1 person likes this

Good morning Clairborne,  the team up here in the mountains is also interested in customizing the new tiles.  Remove the ones that are not used by the front desk and adding ones that they do use.  Same for HSK and maintenance.  

2 people like this
Answer

@Lisa -- these reports are currently tied to one report, which is explained in the ? at the top left of the file. If you need to change the report that it is tied to, please send in a support ticket. That report will be copied in "Arrival 3", which is the associated tile.

In the future, you will be able to have some customization of tiles. You will also be able to set tiles based on the individual user.

@Michelle, that is a really interesting concept for the housekeepers. Do they log into the system or the vendor portal at all? Maybe a good idea to have a chat.

Daily cash report makes a ton of sense.

@Claiborne, Thanks for the responses! Right now, the cleaners do not log into our system. The majortity of them use Resort Cleaning, and we are now integrated with them so cleans are automatically scheduled for them.  However, we are still sending the report to those cleaners who do not use Resort, and actually to everyone because the integration hasn't been 100% correct to this point. I am always up for a chat! I had an idea about automating the emails and formatting as well, so definitely would love to see if there is a more efficient way to do it!

Oh, and another thing I noticed this morning is that when we print the web page (just right click and print) it now shows the side menu. I would love a button to print the page (folio, arrival list, etc.) that would print a clean copy of what we want to print. 

2 people like this

I just noticed the Quick Search function. I've never seen that before. In the 4.0 I would just click on the Folio/Search without using the dropdown. I love this Quick Search!

Now, I would love to have a tile for that!

@Michelle, I've made a note about the quick search tile.

Login to post a comment