Start a new topic
Answered

Other User Interface Ideas

Share your ideas for other ways we can improve the Barefoot Interface.

Best Answer

Hi All.

Love all the feedback here. 

Here is the procedure from our side. I'll take your requests and put them into a Jira story and send them to the internal team to review and decide where it falls into the development cycle, or if more information is needed or if there is another answer.

@Ken, probably won't be able to remove the update without a customization. But also, that is why the audit trail is so strong.

@Michelle, you can also preview a letter on the folio. And that receipt has been there. But connect with @Jackie for clarification?

Claiborne

The greatest quality-of-life improvement for the new UI would be being able to move the pictures in properties around like the new dashboard tiles. This alone would be a major improvement. 

5 people like this

Agree with Mario 100%. 

A few other things, I would also like batch amenities updates to have the option of ALL the amenities offered. Such as Airbnb, there are more options in the Property Details than in the batch amenities updates. 

Another thing would be to easily copy email jobs and letters. 

Also, when editing search result fields and query fields, they don't make sense. Say in the Property Search you want to add the Sticky Comment field. You can't just search "Sticky" because there are no results. Help desk response is basically that sometimes you have to make guesses until you find what you want. I completely understand that response because the field names make so sense sometimes. What I would like to see, and be able to search, is the name on the actual report that matches the field name in the actual page it's pulling from. 

Thank you so much for giving us this forum. It's great for us to be able to piggy back off the ideas of others!

1 person likes this

The photos have been on my list as well for a little while now.

This is all good feedback. I agree on the photos as well and you are right, now that we've got the tiles down, we should be able to implement the same framework.

Keep the suggestions coming!!!

I would love a button that would take me directly to the folio if a unit is occupied. Right now we have to either do a Search Folios or do a property search, click the calendar, then click the reservation. How lovely would it be to enter a unit code and have it take you directly to the current folio?

While we are reviewing the properties page...

On the amenities tab of the properties page, is there a way to collapse unused categories on individual properties?  
We have a varied selection of properties from 1 bedroom to 8 bedrooms. When reviewing/editing a 2 bedroom property we have to display the 6 unused bedroom categories as well.  This means often scrolling down a full screen or two to view all info for a property. 

Another big ask on the amenities section is to highlight the fields that have been edited from their default status. 
   Explanation: Currently when a radio button is checked on it is highlighted in blue. However when a text field or a dropdown list is edited nothing changes to highlight the change. 

The text of these fields share the same font family, are nearly the same size (14 vs 12) as their name headers, the same font weight (normal, bold,...) and these fields also share the same background color of the page. 

A few Wish list items for the properties page...

1}  We would love to have "Maintenance Notes" be a tab like the Amenities tab with the ability to add categories and input fields. 

This would really help with training of new maintenance staff and be a valuable resource for existing staff who have to fill in at properties that are not on their normal route. 

Though it is possible to just add these categories to the bottom of the amenities tab; it would be more efficient to separate these types of property data. By being user definable it would allow other companies the choice whether or not to utilize this feature. 

2.} Another Tab could be for "Existing Work Orders"  and just display the list with active links.

3 } A layout suggestion would be to move the Property information head section also into a tabbed section. This would move the tabs to the top of page. 

4} my last (for today..) Is the ability to lock or remove the update button for reservationist or similar roles. To protect against "accidental" edits by staff.   Which has happened in our past. 

I love that emailing a receipt you can now see a preview of it. Can that be done for the other letters we send from the Folio? 

Answer

Hi All.

Love all the feedback here. 

Here is the procedure from our side. I'll take your requests and put them into a Jira story and send them to the internal team to review and decide where it falls into the development cycle, or if more information is needed or if there is another answer.

@Ken, probably won't be able to remove the update without a customization. But also, that is why the audit trail is so strong.

@Michelle, you can also preview a letter on the folio. And that receipt has been there. But connect with @Jackie for clarification?

Claiborne

Login to post a comment