Start a new topic
Answered

Left Side Menu Navigation

Please provide your feedback and suggestions for the left side menu navigation.

Best Answer

We will work on a light and dark mode.

Search is on my list as well. 

@Michelle I would think we could remove some of the icons based on your login. Send in a support ticket. I am curious.

Thanks!

I would like to suggest a menu enhancement. 

Currently when a menu header is clicked the submenu items display directly below header, sliding all lower headers down page. 

Change suggestion is to:  Have the sub menus open below and to the right by 7 to 10pix and also change the background of the submenus a few shades lighter than the menu header backgrounds. 

Result is to more clearly highlight submenus below a header. 

2 people like this

Hi Ken. Thanks for the suggestion. I like the idea of the lighter menu.

I like the side menu. I keep mine collapsed so when I hover over the icon it does show the submenu to the right of my main menu, and that's great. I also love that it is there all the time and I don't have to scroll up to find it. If you could add a "Search" option to it so I don't have to scroll up for that it would be great too! 

I don't like the icons. I don't know if the menu bar color is too dark for me (I'm old, so the peepers aren't what they used to be...light is my friend!) so maybe there could be a "Light/Dark" mode toggle for those blind mice out there? Light mode could feature maybe the green in barefoot logo with black icons and submenu options? 

Last thing on first use would be the ability to remove icons, like customizing your ribbons in MS (yuck) products. There are several these I don't use and I hate clutter. :)

Claiborne;

I appreciate the topmost menu icon that allows a user to display the menu in icon only mode (conserving valuable screen space) or widen the menu displaying text headers and compacting the displayed page data.

I admittedly didn't notice with this before.

Perhaps changing the menu mode icon to have a larger arrow would better denote the function of this feature.   

Answer

We will work on a light and dark mode.

Search is on my list as well. 

@Michelle I would think we could remove some of the icons based on your login. Send in a support ticket. I am curious.

Thanks!

Something else I could add. It would be nice to be able to move the navigation menu. I, for example, would love to put it on the right as that is my mouse hand. Some people might prefer it at the top. To be able to choose it's location would be nice. 

There is no way to get to enter new work orders from the side menu nor tiles. I had to click tile to search for open work orders then click to enter a new work order. I would prefer to have a work order menu on the side menu so I don't have to navigate back to the dashboard from wherever I am.

Thanks

Joy

Hi @Joy. Do you not see this?

1 person likes this

Can they add a button that goes to straight to support on the side menu? Currently have to go to My Settings, then My Agent, Then click the icon of the head with earphones. Just a simple button all by itself on the left side menu that goes straight to the support page would be great.

Thanks

Joy

That is a good suggestion. Thanks Joy. -- Claiborne

Login to post a comment